- This event has passed.
How to Avoid Common Peer Review Pitfalls
June 17 @ 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm$100.00
What does it take to have a properly designed and operating effectively quality control system that leads your CPA firm to receive a pass with no findings on your next peer review report? Find out how you can create a strong quality control environment for your assurance practice. Offering practical guidance, this session will assist you in the process for selecting the appropriate peer reviewer and to determine the right year-end for your practice.
Recent changes to enhance the peer review process by incorporating best practices of effective peer reviewers into the Peer Review standards, interpretations, and related guidance are also covered in this course. These changes are intended to reinforce the need for adequate planning and preparation for a peer review by both firms and peer reviewers to allow sufficient time for proper identification of systemic causes and appropriate remediation, when necessary.
Who Should Attend
CPA firms and practitioners who are subject to the AICPA Peer Review who perform audits, reviews, compilations and other attestation services for small and mid-size private entities.
- Best practices on how to create an environment that focuses on quality;
- Basic steps for monitoring and performing internal inspections
- Key considerations related to establishing a quality control system based on the AICPA Statements on Quality Control Standards
- Address significant recurring engagement deficiencies and how to prevent them
- How to properly prepare for your next AICPA Peer Review, including decisions to make and how to gather and maintain the correction information
- Recognize practical and insightful perspectives on how a CPA firm will prepare for its upcoming AICPA Peer Review