An Overview of the SEC’s Financial Reporting and Disclosure Requirements –Webcast
May 24 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm$299.00
This course is designed to provide participants with an overview of the laws that govern the securities industry including the financial reporting and disclosure requirements established by the Securities Act of 1933 and the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 as amended. This program will make extensive use of the SEC’s Financial Reporting Manual for the selection of program topics.
This program was developed and will be presented from the perspective of the practitioner preparing and disclosing public company financial information necessary to comply with SEC regulations. Public company disclosure examples will be illustrated throughout this program.
- Describe the securities laws that regulate the issuance and trading of securities
- Identify and describe the filing requirements for form S-1 for registration statements
- Identify and describe the filing requirements for forms 10-Q, 10-K, and 8-K
- Apply the guidance in the SEC’s Financial Reporting Manual to selected topics of more relevance to practitioners
- Overview of the SEC laws that govern the securities industry
- 10-Q, 10-K, and 8-K filings
- Staff Accounting Bulletins (SABs)
- SEC disclosure requirements
- Comment letters
- Selected topics from the SEC’s Financial Reporting Manual