- This event has passed.
Strengthening your Professional Skepticism and Managing Fraud Risk
September 29, 2020 @ 1:00 pm$40.00
- CPE Credits: 2.0 hours
- CE Credits: 0.0 hours
- Subject Area: Auditing
- Course Level: Intermediate
- Instructional Method: Group Internet Based
- Prerequisites: Experience in performing audits.
- Advanced Preparation: None
- Who should attend? CPA. Small, Medium, Large
Learn the latest improper revenue recognition practices, how to conduct an effective fraud interview with management, those charged with governance and non-accounting / non-management personnel, and how to deal with possible management override of controls and how to properly identify of fraud risk factors.
The session will also discuss the key requirements of AU-C 240 that are typically missed by auditors!
Who is the course designed for:
- External auditors who perform audits of privately-held companies.
- Techniques to Strengthening Your Professional Skepticism
- How to Conducting a Proper Fraud Risk Interview
- Improper Revenue Recognition Practices
- How to Address the Risk of Management Override of Controls
- Identifying Fraud Risk Factors
The objective of this course is to provide both practical and insightful guidance on how external auditors can strengthen their professional skepticism and manage fraud risk in order to comply with Professional Standards.